I will grouping the different breeds of dogs such as Toy Dog, Hound Dog, Terrier Dog, Gun Dog, Working Dog and Herding Dog so as to understand our best friend and companion better!
The list of Dog Breeds
Toy Dog Breeds – This dog breed usually is small size of dog, the smallest size of toy dog is known as teacup dog. They are friendly, intelligent and energetic.
- Appenpinscher, Australian Silky Terrier, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Chihuahua, Chinese Crested, Coton de Tulear, Griffon Bruxellois, Havanese, Italian Greyhound, Japanese Chin, Maltese, Miniature Pinscher, Papillon, Pekingese, Pomeranian, Pug, Shih Tzu, Toy Fox Terrier, Toy Manchester Terrier and Yorkshire Terrier.
Hound Dog Breeds – Hound dog is the best friend for hunters, they assist hunter to track and chase the animal being hunted. This dog breed usually has keen eyesight and sharp smell. Normally Hound dog will keep in outside kennels.
- Afghan Hound, American Foxhound, Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen, Miniature Beagle, Beagle, Basenji, Black and Tan Coonhound, Bloodhound, Borzoi, Dachshund, English Foxhound, Greyhound, Harrier, Ibizan Hound, Irish Wolfhound, Norwegian Elkhound, Otterhound, Pharaoh Hound, Plott Hound, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Saluki, Scottish Deerhound and Whippet.
Gun Dog Breeds – Gun dogs play two roles, they direct hunter to the suspected prey location and they are also known as our best family pet.
- American Cocker Spaniel, Brittany Spaniel, Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Clumber Spanial, Curly Coated Retriever, English Cocker Spaniel, English Pointer, English Setter, English Springer Spaniel, Field Spaniel, Golden Retriever, Gordon Setter, Irish Water Spaniel, Labrador Retriever, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, Pointer, Spinone Italiano, Vizsla, Welsh Springer Spaniel, Weimaraner and Wirehaired Pointing Griffon.
Working Dog Breeds – Working dog is also known as sled dog or worker rescue dog, they love to work. Some pet lovers keep them as pet dog as well.
- Akita Inu, Alaskan Malamute, Anatolian Shepherd Dog, Australian Kelpie, Bernese Mountain Dog, Black Russian Terrier, Boxer, Bullmastiff, Doberman Pinscher, Dogue de Bordeaux, English Mastiff, Giant Schnauzer, Great Dane, Great Pyrenees, Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, Komondor, Kuvasz, Neapolitan Mastiff, Newfoundland dogs, Olde English Bulldogge, Portuguese Water Dog, Rottweiler, Samoyed, Siberan Husky, St Bernard and Tibetan Mastiff.
Herding Dog Breeds – This dog breed is developed for herding and protects sheep. They are still working dogs for farmers and shepherds. Pet lovers also keep some of the herding dog as house pet.
- Australian Cattle Dog, Australian Shepherd, Bearded Collie, Beauceron, Belgian Shepherd, Border Collie, Bouvier des Ardennes, Briard, Canaan Dog, Cierny Sery, Rough Collie, German Shepherd, Polish Lowland Sheepdog, Puli, Pyrenean Spepherd, Shetland Sheepdog, Swedish Vallhund, Cardigan Welsh Corgi and Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
Terrier Dog Breeds – This dog breed is typically small dog. They are active, energetic and sporting. They have light body come with smooth coated. There are two type of Terrier dog, which are Working Terriers and Toy Terriers.
- Airedale Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Australian Terrier, Bedlington Terrier, Border Terrier, Bull Terrier, Cairn Terrier, Dandie Dinmont Terrier, Fox Terrier, Glen of Imaal Terrier, Irish Terrier, Kerry Blue Terrier, Lakeland Terrier, Manchester Terrier, Miniature schnauzer, Norfolk Terrier, Norwich Terrier, Parson Russell Terrier, Rat Terrier, Russell Terrier, Scottish Terrier, Sealyham Terrier,Silky Terrier, Skye Terrier, Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Welsh Terrier and West Highland White Terrier.
Non-sporting Breeds – This dog breed is mainly keep as pets or family companion now. In past, they used to be working dog or perform certain task.
- American Eskimo Dog, Bichon Frise, Boston Terrier, Bulldog, Chow Chow, Dalmatian, Finnish Spitz , French Bulldog, Giant Schnauzer, Keeshond, Lhasa Apso, Miniature Schnauzer, Schipperke, Shar Pei, Shiba Inu, Standard Poodle, Standard Schnauzer, Tibetan Spaniel, Tibetan Terrier.
Hybrid Dog – They are not purebred dog, they are known as designer dog or crossbred dog. They are mix with two different purebred dog breeds.
- Afador, Afaird, Affen Spaniel, Affen Terrier, Affen Tzu, Affengriffon, Affenhuahua, Affenpoo, Affenwich, Afghan Collie, Afghan Retriever, Afghan Sheepdog, Afghan Spaniel, Afollie, Airedoodle, Akita Shepherd, Alusky, American Bandogge, American Boston Bull Terrier, American Bullador, American Bullnese Hybrid, American Bull Dogue De Bordeaux, American Bullweiler, American Eagle Dog, American Mastiff, Boxweiler, Bull-Boxer, Cairmal,Cavachon, Cavapoo, Catahouula Bulldog,Chigi, Chiweenie, Cockapoo, Cocker Pug, Cocker Westie, Docker, English Boodle, Eskapoo, French Bullhuahua, Glechon, Goldendoodle, Goldmatian, Griffichon, Havallon, Hug, Huskimo, Irish Doodle, Ja-Chon, Jafox, Labradoodle, Malti Poo, Morkie, Puggle, Schnoodle.