Pug Puppies are one of the oldest breed pet dog and also known as puglets. Here is your informative A-list of Pug and 3 tips on how to choose best dog food for your pug puppies. Pug was originated from Shang dynasty (before 400 BCE) in East China and descended from a short-haired Pekingese. This dog breed becomes popular with the royal family, the house of Orange in Holland.
Facts about Pug
- Temperament – Pug puppies are just same as Shih Tzu puppies, they are friendly to everyone and they are the best house pet for family. Pug is lively, cheerful and rarely aggressive, they can get along well with children or other pets. Pug has other names as Chinese Pug, Dutch Mastiff and Dutch Bulldog. They are also good little watchdog for us.
- Appearance – Pug is small breed of dog, which comes with square body, deep chest and hard muscles. They have foreshortened muzzle with wrinkled face. The light colored coat of pug is smooth and short and the tail is tightly curled. Pug has large dark eyes and small ears. There are two types of pug ears, which are button shaped or rose shaped. Because of the foreshortened muzzle, pug normally suffers from chronic breathing problems and pug is not able to stand humid climate.
Pug Breed Information
|Height||25 -29 cm (male and female)|
|Weight||63-85kg (male and female)|
|Colour||Fawn, Apricot, Black and Sliver|
|Group||Toy Breed Dog|
|Life Span||12 – 15 years|
|Exercise Ability||Daily walk is needed|
|Grooming Requirements||Brush with a bristle brush daily and always clean the muzzle area|
|Barking||Less than average|
|Recognition||FCI, CKC, ACR, DRA, AKC, UKC, KCGB, ANKC, NKC, APRI, NZKC|
3 tips on how to choose best dog food for your pug puppies
- Right dog food ingredients – if you want to give your dog some rice product, please make sure the first ingredient is rice, same as if you want to give your dog meat product, there should be chicken, pork or beef. Read carefully the dog product labels before you feed your dog.
- Food with no chemical preservatives – choose puppy food with no chemical preservatives and avoid ingredients with high content as corn, soy, wheat, digest, cellulose, dairy or by-products.
- Good nutrition food – Puppy need good nutrition food in order to keep them healthy, choose dog food with minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and protein. There are three basic types of dry foods, which labeled as small bite, large bite and original. If your puppy sized is up to 30 pounds, it is better to feed them with small bite dry foods.
If you are interested in this dog breed, you may look for Pug puppies adoption from Pug rescue or look for Pug puppies for sale from Pug breeders.