Here is your informative A-list of Shih Tzu dog and 3 reasons to own a Shih Tzu puppies.
In middle of the 19th century, Chinese Emperors of the Manchu Dynasty kept Shih Tzu as a favourite pet. According to recent DNA Analysis, Shih Tzu breed is one of the ancient of dog breeds as Kuvasz, it was originated between Pekingese and Tibetan dog. It has another chinese name as “Xi Shi Quan”, the name of “Xi Shi” is regarded as one of the most four beautiful woman of ancient China. Shih Tzu can be the best house pet for everyone.
Facts about Shih Tzu Puppies
- Temperament – Shih Tzu is outgoing, lively and friendly dog. They greet guest politely and don’t growls at strangers. They are able to get along with other pets easily and they enjoy playing with children. They are very alert and active so it makes them become good watchdog.
- Appearance – Shih Tzu has a big dark eyes with short and flat muzzle. The head is round and the ears is heavily featured. They have a broad nose with well open nostrils. The body is slightly longer than it is tall, they come with muscular legs and firm feet. Usually, they have a shaggy coat which long and flowing down the body.
Shih Tzu Breed Information
|Height||20 -27 cm (male and female)|
|Weight||4 – 8 kg (male and female)|
|Group||Toy Breed Dog|
|Colour||Gold, White, Brown and Black|
|Life Span||10 – 15 years|
|Exercise Ability||Minimum exercise is needed, daily walk is just nice for them|
|Grooming Requirements||Shih Tzu need daily grooming using a brush. He has senstive eyes, it is good to wipe gently around the eyes with cotton pad or wash around his eyes with warm water. Weekly bathing and nails trimming is needed. Check the pads on the bottom of Shih Tzu’s feet to avoid thorn or grass seeds.|
|Recognition||UKC, KCGB, AKC, FCI, CKC, ANKC, NKC, CCR, APRI, ACR, DRA, ANKC|
3 Reasons to own a Shih Tzu Puppies
- Friendly puppy – If you are looking a good family house pet, Shh Tzu puppies will suit your needs. They can mix around with young children and other pets. They are not yappy as Chihuahua puppies. It is good to let young children learn how to care for animals.
- Easy to train – This dog breed is intelligent. They will be able to pick up some basic training quickly and become an obedient puppy.
- Good watchdog – You will be surprise how alert is Shih Tzu is. Based on my personal experience, before a stranger press ring outside the house, he will start barking and telling us that we have guest at outside of the house. It is good to keep Shih Tzu as watchdog.
Adopt a puppy is long term commitment, it is good to know more about the breed information before you own a puppy, you may learn more about how to take care of Shih Tzu puppies.
If you are interested in this dog breed, you may adopt Shih Tzu from Shih Tzu rescue or look for Shih Tzu Puppies for sale from Shih Tzu breeders.
Shih Tzu Puppy Breeders
GGsShihtzu – Shih Tzu Puppies Breeders located in the State of Missouri, USA.
Cute Shih Tzu Puppies